Monday, November 13, 2017

Ellie Bush current event

Uber tracked former users even after they deleted the app from their phones.Uber is pushing back on the allegations, saing that the tracking is a common industry practice used to prevent fraud and account compromise.Uber allegedly used a practice called fingerprinting to track devices after the app was deleted. Uber reportedly began fingerprinting iPhones as a fraud-preventing mechanism in locations like China.

This seems a bit sketchy to me, and I still don't understand why Uber needs to track users that don't even have the Uber app. It just seems unsafe and I think they need to make their users feel more safe and comfortable.

https://techcrunch.com/uber-responds-to-report-that-it-tracked-users-who-deleted-its-app/

1 comment:

  1. This really scares me because why do other people need to know where I am? It kind of makes me uncomfortable knowing that someone can see where my phone is without me knowing.

    ReplyDelete