Monday, November 27, 2017

Jordan Jimenez - Hawaii Readies Nuclear War Sirens

 According to state officials, starting on Friday, Hawaii will begin issuing a warning siren to prepare for the possibility of nuclear attack. The sirens going off across the island would tell the public to "get inside, stay inside and stay tuned" for more information. The whole reason they are doing this is because of the increased threat of North Korea, as said by Vern Miyagi, administer for the state emergency management agency. However, he has said state officials don't consider an attack likely, but have heard all of the unrelenting threats from Kim Jong Un
 I still think it's pretty frightening that they have to do this. There's so many people who just laugh at North Korea and consider them a joke, but I think it's time that people, especially those in high power, should start taking them more seriously as a threat, especially when stuff like this is happening.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/11/27/hawaii-eyeing-north-korea-readies-nuclear-war-sirens/898505001/

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that it is scary how close North Korea is to war with the US, and how not everyone takes everything so seriously.
    Brooke Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your opinion. I believe that maybe Kim Jong Un may be trying to threaten us to show that he is now joke and he means business. I will keep Hawii in my prayers. I feel bad I feel bad for the families and innocent people. North Korea is scary alone because of they run things. I believe that we should show them mercy so they can possibly back off.

    ReplyDelete