Monday, November 27, 2017

Allison Majors 11/27

A woman from New York was shot by a man while walking her dogs. She was walking around in an area close to her home. The man claimed he was hunting and thought she was a deer, making a terrible mistake. He had shot her from 200 yards away. He was emotionally unstable when he realized what he had done and immediately called 911. The women’s wound was very fatal and she ended up facing death. The man has not been charged with a crime.
        It scares me that this woman got shot while doing such a common thing of walking her dog near her home. I normally would feel safe walking outside in my neighborhood, but now i would feel worried walking around outside my home. I wonder what type of neighborhood this woman lived in where people can hunt nearby. This reminds me of in US history when safe and normal towns would all of a sudden be attacked or when a rebellion would start out of nowhere. These things were unexpected, just like this man’s shot on a woman and visual misunderstanding was.




3 comments:

  1. Margot Tortolani
    I agree that this is a scary thing. Mistaking someone for a deer and killing them is a really terrible mistake. Was she walking in a wooded area, I'm curious what about the setting made him confuse her for a deer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your connection to US history. She must of had a home near a wooded area, beacuse thinking someone is a deer in the city would definitely not make any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so scary! This could have been avoided. I also what made him mistake her for a deer. I wouldn't say girls and deer looked alike.

    ReplyDelete