Monday, November 27, 2017

How Prince Harry proposed to Meghan Markle


       Markle, who grew up in Los Angeles, said she didn't think of theirs as a "whirlwind" relationship. The two met for a drink in July 2016 on a blind date, brokered by a mutual friend, whose name they would not reveal, but "it was definitely a setup," Markle said. They didn't know much about each other. Markle wasn't too familiar with the British royal family, and Prince Harry had never seen the television show, "Suits," nor any other example of Markle's work. Harry recalled his first impression: "I was beautifully surprised when I walked into that room and saw her. There she was sitting there." Markle, 36, said she's glad she didn't know much about the royals before meeting Harry, 33, as she's been able to learn about them from him rather than from tabloids. Harry was able to convince Markle to join him in Botswana, where they camped out under the stars for five days. "We were able to really have so much time just to connect, and we never went longer than two weeks without seeing each other, even though we were obviously doing a long-distance relationship. We made it work" , added Markle, "It was so sweet and natural and very romantic. He got down on one knee," she said. "As a matter of fact, I could barely let you finish proposing. I said, 'Can I say yes now?'"
     I was reading through this article and it surprisingly doesn't sound like a fairytale, which of course I assumed would since he's a freaking Prince! It's nice though, I like the simplicity, it shows they aren't materialistic, just two people looking for love, in his case, looking for a princess.

1 comment:

  1. I like how they didn't really know about each other when they met because I feel like the whole relationship would've been totally different.

    ReplyDelete