Monday, February 27, 2017

Lauren Cargill - Pilot, 4 U.S. tourists killed in Australia plane crash

Summary: Four US citizens and a US pilot were all killed in a devastating plane crash in Melbourne, Australia. The pilot reported an engine failure moments before the plane went down. The plane crashed into a shopping mall, but luckily the mall wasn't open yet and no one on the ground was killed. The US citizens were visiting Australia on a golf trip. Authorities are working to figure out the cause of the crash. According to Sky News Australia, it is their worst aviation accident in 30 years.

Analysis: I think its so sad that these people were in Australia for a fun trip and an accident like this had to happen. My dad is actually friends with one of the people who died, so my heart is with all of the families of  the victims. I hope that they are able to figure out why the plane went down. This could compare to Helios Airways Flight 522 crash in 2005 because both are unsolved.

Article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/02/20/plane-crashes-into-mall-australia-killing-5/98182690/

2 comments:

  1. my mom's friend's brother died in that crash. So sad that four women were made widows just like that. They're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrible. I'm so glad that mall wasn't open because the casualties would have gone up so much.

    ReplyDelete