Monday, October 26, 2015

Apple hit with $5 million dollar law suit Paul Rakde (5th)

summary- About a month after unveiling its new iOS 9 operating system for mobile devices, Apple has just been handed a $5 million class-action lawsuit over one controversial feature. A couple in California are suing the tech giant over Wi-Fi assist which automatically connects people to cellular data when they are getting a weak Wi-Fi signal.
Analysis- I myself have an iPhone and I have ran into the same problem, and it is completely random times when I should be on Wi-Fi and I am not. This can be a major concern because on AT&T once you pass the limit of how much data you have that month they charge you an extra $15 for another gigabyte, i am sure this is the same for other carriers. And this is a thing that this is not a carrier problem, you can blame on Apples part because this is something they implanted into their devices and it can cause many problems among the community of Apple mobile product users. They need to change this on the iPhones

4 comments:

  1. its irritating that your cellphone thinks you want to do something you don't. sometimes it's helpful but other times it really has no point. i hope they fix this issue on the i-phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicholas Godfrey Period 8
    I can see where they were sitting around a board room table and how they thought that it was a good idea. It seemed to them that they could make the experience a lot quicker for the user if the phone just disregards slow networks. Over the summer I was on the brink of going over on my data plan and it was the last day of the cycle. I didn't know it but I accidentally switched my wifi off and I went over. I was so mad at myself so now if Apple does that to me on purpose, I'm going to be very angry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how the developers thought that this was a good plan, and it might be perfect for the people that have unlimited data and are seeking a strong internet connection. However, for the rest of us this adaptation will result in unnecessary costs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's easy to see where the people at apple were coming from, but this feature really doesn't make sense when actually applied, and it's probably good that some attention was drawn to it to get it changed.

    ReplyDelete