Monday, October 26, 2015

Abby Walker 8th Period

"'Supergirl' takes a leap for women on tv"

People are complaining about he name not being superwomen. Creators saying that she can be a wrong respectable women no matter what her name.

I like the way the creators are thinking. Sure maybe the name is degrading, but I think it makes her powerful character send out more. She shows that you can be strong and tough no matter what people see you as or what you are labeled. That may seem like sexist of
R rude but I thinks it's a cool way of looking at it. Maybe we get too caught up on what we say instead of what we do or how we act. I at first thought the name was stupid but after reading this article I think they'be got it right :)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/26/entertainment/supergirl-women-tv-feat/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment