Sunday, January 31, 2016

Taytum Buford(Period 6)-Banana during English(Gilded Age)

Summary: This isn't a formal incident, but I wanted to write about it anyways. In English, we are reading Julius Caesar and we have to perform a scene about omens and record them. I was the interviewer and I didn't have a microphone, so I used Mr. Victory's banana as a microphone. At first we just kept it closed, but then one of the girls in my group thought it would be funny if we opened it and she bit it at the end of the interview. So we did, but when we opened it, we were surprised by how bruised it was on the inside.
Analysis: This can relate to the Gilded Age. Everything looked perfect and fine on the outside, but once you peel back the pretty layers, it is all ugly and bruised. Mark Twain is kind of like the girl who suggested we peel the banana because he was the one who gave it a name.
Link: My Testimony, Mr. Victory, and the kids in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment