Sunday, September 29, 2013

McDonald's Shooting Fail - Victoria Lennox 2nd Period


On Wednesday, September 25, 24-year old Jestin Joseph, tried to rob McDonald’s customers at around 9 pm with a gun, but the gun misfired. According to witnesses at the scene, Joseph entered the McDonald’s and asked for a water cup. While he was walking to the dispenser, he pulled out the gun and tried to rob the customers and employees. David Armstrong, a customer at the time says, “I'm still in shock, I was in shock then, I actually thought that was it, that was the end." Fort Worth police say that Joseph went outside to unjam the gum before he came back in and tried to shoot again, but the gun jammed again. Surveillance video showed that he attempted to pull the trigger about five times, but it never fired. In a jailhouse interview, Joseph says he wanted to apologize to all the kids and customers for scaring them. He also wanted people to know he wasn't crazy. "I feel like people was trying to get me man, like my whole family. I feel like my whole family is trying to get me," said Joseph. 
Joseph claims he was never going to kill anyone and he knew the gun was not going to fire, however Fort Worth detectives believe Joseph was clearly trying to get the gun to work so he was able to shoot someone. Joseph faces five charges of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon and is held on a $500,000 bond.


It is so alarming to hear about stories like this. Anything can trigger anyone to do something like this. I’m so glad that no one was injured in this situation. In my opinion, Joseph clearly knew his exact intentions. He was going to shoot people if his gun wouldn’t jammed, otherwise he would not have gone outside to try an unjam his gun. I’m sure he feels guilty about his actions, but anything he says at this point cannot justify what he has done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment