Monday, September 23, 2013

After 13 years an abducted boy finally reunites with his father Joan Milburn pd. 1

A child that was abducted from his father in 2000 was finally returned home to him after thirteen long years. The father never gave up looking for his child. But the child was no stranger to his abducter: in fact he was taken by his own Grandmother, Sandy Hatte(60) while her son was at work. When the father returned home the son and the grandmother were gone. It took 13 years to track them down even though the two lived homeless for some time.

Response
This story is very heart wrenching. It really makes me think of things in perspective. I cannot imagine being kidnapped by my own grandmother and kept from my real family for thirteen whole years. I can't imagine what that child had to go through being separated from his father and living homeless with his grandmother. I admire the father's persistence and refusal to give up on his child.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/23/justice/abducted-son-reunites-with-father/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

No comments:

Post a Comment