Monday, September 23, 2013

New iPhone Fingerprint Sensor Works for Animals

Todd Leopold of CNN writes about a man who bought his iPhone 5s in Minnesota at 4:45  am. He was having trouble unlocking his phone that he programmed to unlock at his touch so he decided it would be a little entertaining to try to use his Chihuahua, Hurley's pawprint. Now he didn't expect this to work, which is probably exactly why it did! Hurleys programmed pawprint can unlock 23 year-old Linden's iPhone 5s. He finds it funny that itnonly works with the programmed paw, not the other three, but will not work for his thumb at all! Others have also reported that the sensor works for cats too! Linden tells CNN that he has been having more problems with his new iPhone and will be returning it soon.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/20/tech/mobile/iphone-dog-paw-print-ireport/index.html?c=us

I decided to post this because I was tired of seeing who got killed, whose body was found, etc. I thought I would lighten the mood and post something a bit more lighthearted. By the way, I have a Galaxy S3 and I'm definitely #teamgalaxy I just wanted to broadcast that the iPhone 5s ain't all that if you really think about it. I saw a lot of articles on complaints about the new iPhone. But hey, if you love your iPhone who am I to judge? For those of you who have the new iPhone and are having the same problem as poor Linden here, better drop by your nearest animal shelter and grab a cat or dog! I'm sure they'd love to be out of the animal orphanage. It's a win-win situation guys.

2 comments:

  1. The wackiness of technology continues to grow. This is very strange to read about an iPhone that can be unlocked by a cat or dog. Very amusing and light-hearted to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha good read, and pretty amusing. I mean is this really true?! Thats insane, and it seems like Apple just made it a lot easier for criminals to steal somebody's iPhone 5s and just use their dog to unlock it. I would like to see this..

    ReplyDelete