Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pastor Shot While Preaching: Devon Travis

Friday, September 27, Pastor Ronald Harris was preaching to a crowd of 50 to 60 in Louisiana when a man walked in and shot him twice, killing him instantly. 53 year-old Woodrow Karey turned himself in that night for shooting the pastor and identified where he had hid the guns used to shoot Harris. The motive for shooting Harris is still unknown, but police think that it has to do with issues that occurred at the church.

Firstly, my heart goes out to the Harris family. The man was articulating his love for the lord and was killed while doing it- honestly something admirable. I hope in my final moments i will be thinking of Him. But regardless if you are christian or not, the idea that this man walked into a public place, shot and killed a man, and left is unbearable. How did the people in the church let him leave? Our human nature has become more violent recently, and we dont have a better logical plan to work things out than to shoot the person we have a problem with... probably not the smartest of ideas. It makes you wonder, are humans really this impulsive to act upon the idea of shooting a man, while preaching? It makes me sick to my stomach.

read more, go to http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/09/29/louisiana-pastor-killed-sermon

3 comments:

  1. I hate someone would have the nerve to shoot a preacher, not that someone else deserves to be shot, but still, have you no repsect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that this is a horrific tragedy, but I wonder if humans have actually become more violent. I tend to believe that these sorts of tragedies are often fueled by mental illness and that such horrors have always existed. I also do not blame the congregation as they were probably shocked and the perpetrator was armed. Still, it seems simply unfair for something like this to just happen. I hope that his family heals and that Ronald Harris' memory is honored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be much more helpful if the NRA would consider changing some gun laws. It'd be more reassuring to America as a whole.

    ReplyDelete