Monday, September 30, 2013

"Fast-food drive-thrus getting slower, study finds." - Emily Gray - 5th period

Summary - Over the years of fast-food industries the drive-thru has become relatively slow. The average wait time for a customer is three minutes, which is eight seconds later than last year.The fast-food company, McDonald's, averaged 189.5 seconds per customer this year, which is the company's slowest time in 15 years. A reason for this slowness is accuracy. Companies want to make sure your order is right and not screwed up.
Analysis: The author of this article is Dylan Stableford, from Yahoo! News. He aims toward the viewers of America because he clearly states in the very beginning, "Bad news, America. Fast-food drive-thrus are getting slower." The author wrote this article to inform American citizens that the fast-food industries are becoming slower but gives them a reason to go off of. My opinion of this article is that it is accurate. I believe that the fat-food industries have become very slow. The employees to these companies usually don't go on accuracy though. Most people who work there are teenagers, my age. Most teenagers my age really are careless and usually want to chit chat and gossip other that work. I believe it may be the workers that are the problem other than the completion of accuracy. - Emily Gray
http://news.yahoo.com/fast-food-drive-thru-time-study-151932689.html

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. While I don't mind waiting for an extra 8 seconds to get my large fry, I would still like them to get my order right. Most of the time they take forever and it's still not right. They can take a little longer as long as they give me what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting because some people have been waiting for fast-food to slow down (i.e. not exist), but I doubt this is what they had in mind. I agree that the root of this problem is the employees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really good point. Most fast-food workers are young adults who have not had much previous experience with a job. Plus, many of them sometimes have lazy attitudes, not caring much about the customers, but only about getting paid. If the slowness is because of accuracy, I believe it is better to have to wait a few more seconds to get your correct order than go through the drive-thru fast and end up with the wrong order.

    ReplyDelete