Monday, November 26, 2018

Is it safe to eat Romaine Lettuce?

Kristen Ramirez

For a couple of years now food investigators have been doing more research on Romaine Lettuce due to its on and off again outbreaks. As of right now, it is not safe to eat the lettuce in New York and 10 other states, investigators are also detecting what might be the reasoning to contamination as soon as possible. They are also relieved that they caught the outbreak early in order to prevent further illnesses. With this being said, no more lettuce for now until investigators are able to solve the problem and figure out crop situations.


Sadly Romaine Lettuce isn't an option to put on your Chipotle bowl or burrito but, its better to be safe than sorry. People may think getting sick from lettuce is silly but, In my opinion it seems pretty serious, there are people who are getting sick to the point where they have to go to hospital and in some cases dying. This relates to history because starting 1992 is when the first E Coli outbreak happened and it was linked to the fast food chain Jack In The Box, ever since it has been coming and going along with other foods and fast food branches.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/health/2018/11/26/romaine-lettuce-e-coli-outbreak/2113465002/

2 comments:

  1. This scares me since I recently started liking romaine lettuce and I thought it was a good, healthy choice ,but I guess I was wrong.This makes me even more cautious about what I put in my body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kadar Price: Damn!!! No more caesar salads for me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete