Monday, November 26, 2018

Eryn Fayson- E.coli found in romaine lettuce by: Cody Ronnfeldt

ERYN FAYSON





E.coli found in Romaine Lettuce





The E.coli outbreak has been confirmed in 11 states. It includes whole heads of romaine lettuce, hearts of romaine, chopped romaine, organic romaine, and salads mixed with romaine. The outbreak has caused many stores to remove it from their shelves quickly as possible. 


The Health Director Gina Uhing says there are signs to look out for if you have E.coli. The symptoms would be stomach cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting. If you are having these issues you need to go to a health provider immediately. 





Analysis: I think that this is awful that this is happening.I love romaine lettuce and its so sad that this has become a issue. I think the writer, Cody Ronnfeldt wrote this piece to warn people that are consuming the Romaine lettuce. This article was written November 23, 2018. This article relates to history with infections/diseases. For example, in earlier times Native Americans suffered form small pox and other diseases that hurt there population. It is good now that we have the news to warn us, before anybody else can get this infectious E.coli and hurt our population.




7 comments:

  1. I believe that this was a good topic to speak on because romaine lettuce is very popular and it is very important to know what we are consuming and how it may effect us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's scary to think one of your favorite foods could randomly start an outbreak, I'm looking at you too blue bell ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma Burkey: This article is very beneficial in notifying the public of exactly what is in the romaine lettuce. I hope that soon the e.coli will be rid of, (no easy task I'm sure), but as of right now it is important no one consumes romaine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes! I sure do hope they solve the problem. The first time E Coli broke out I stopped getting lettuce on my chipotle bowl and I think I made the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that this is something that people need to keep their eye out for and be really cautious about. It is sad that food has to be monitored so much. I agree with you and also think that they should solve the problem. I enjoyed your analysis and how you linked it to history. well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very scary and makes me worry about everything that I eat. I hope that people take this seriously and avoid romaine lettuce until it is determined to be safe.

    ReplyDelete