Monday, January 20, 2014

Plato, Socrates, Shakespeare, and Kanye - Zien Lin (P4)

Summary: In "The Insider's" Top 5 Kanye West quotes, he compares himself to many things including but not limited to Shakespeare and God.
                  5. "I'm a trained fine artist. I went to art school from the time I was five years old. I was, like, a                          prodigy out of Chicago."
                  4. "I am Warhol! I am the number one most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare                        in the flesh. Walt Disney, Nike, Google. Now who's going to be the Medici family and stand                          up and let me create more?"
                  3. "For me to say I wasn't a genius, I would just be lying to you and to myself."
                  2. "I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things."
                  1. "When someone comes and says something like 'I am a God,' everybody says 'who does he                           think he is?' I just told you who I thought I was! A God! I just told you! That's who I think I                         am!"

Response: Some people love Kanye, most don't. I'm personally not a fan of most of his music or fashion line with a plain white tee shirt going for upwards of $500 but no doubt his stuff sells so I think some of his quotes are true. Specifically, "I went to art school from the time I was five years old." I can't believe the "hold on Ima let you finish but ..... had the best..... of all time"(not a direct quote) didn't get picked! Or "Yuh I copped that[Kim K.]" <-- he probably didn't ever say that but totally should have because.... Kim K. What are your favorite Yay quotes?
P.S. - The link is a video that's 7 minutes because Yahoo stopped hiring writers so I just saved you. You're welcome

Source:  http://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/kanye-west-top-5-quotes-said-himself-153008344.html?vp=1

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how anyone could be a fan of an "artist" with such a big ego.

    ReplyDelete