Friday, October 28, 2016

Abbey Winiger- Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame Star Destroyed





SUMMARY-  Los Angeles police said Thursday they have a suspect in custody on suspicion of vandalizing Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star with a sledgehammer and a pick ax. He is being held for a felony vandalism charge with $20,000 bail. The accused man James Lambert Otis has openly opposed Trump and his actions regarding women. "I had four or five family members sexually assaulted, and I'm terribly upset that we have a presidential nominee who's become sort of a poster child of sexual violence," Otis said. Otis before destroying the star removed the middle, and plans to sell it and give the proceeds to women affected by Trump. He wanted to sent a message, and din't care about the consequences. 

ANALYSIS/SYNTHESIS- Prior to reading this article I did hear about Trump's star being destroyed. I saw a lot of celebrating online and throughout social media. This story had a radical effect, and causes the people to have a mixed reaction. Those opposed to Trump felt victorious, and those supporting him were outraged. This article was published by CNN on October 27, 2016 by Eric Bradner. He does not choose a side, but stays neutral in the matter. This reminds me of the Bill of Rights, and the amendment that does not allow a high or outrageous bail. 


http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/26/politics/hollywood-star-donald-trump-vandalism/

4 comments:

  1. If I'm being honest, I laughed when I heard about this. It's sad that politics are so dirty and immature, but as we're learning in APUSH, it seems they've been like this for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree we shouldn't have a president who speaks is such a derogatory way towards women and is thought to have sexually assaulted them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I agree with Otis' thoughts on Donald Trump, I do not agree with the way he decided to deal with them. It got him into trouble and did not change the scary fact that Trump is potentially the next president of our country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed too! I understand his intentions in the event, but I do not believe that he handled his anger/emotions appropriately. It's sad that our election today has anything to do with a topic such as sexual assault and degrading treatment of women. If Trump is to be elected president, I am curious as to how he is going to handle this topic and possibly undo the damage he has created in voters minds.

    ReplyDelete