Sunday, March 30, 2014

Veronica Jones: Search for missing D.C. girl intensifies

Relisha Tenau Rudd, an 8 year old from Washington, has been missing since the beggining of the Month. The search for her has been going on since then, but a new lead has recently popped up and it comes in the form of Kahlil Malik Tatum, the janitor of the shelter she was temporarily staying in, who's wife was found murdered in a Maryland hotel last week.  Rudd was last seen in the Aquatic Gardens on March 1st and "On March 2, we know that Mr. Tatum purchased, among other items, a carton of black, 42 gallon, self-tie contractor trash bags within the District of Columbia... Not long after that purchase, Mr. Tatum was in the area of the aquatic gardens for a period of time." An Arrest Warrant for Tatum and Amber Alert for Rudd have recently been issued. 

I know it's probably too optimistic to hope that Rudd is found alive and unharmed, but I really do. Stories like this not only make me sad, but also angry. Why does this have to happen to children? Why does this have to happen to anyone? I hope Rudd is found and reunited with her family. I hope for the best.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/27/us/dc-missing-girl/index.html?hpt=us_c2

1 comment:

  1. I really hope they catch the guy and just from reading this, I feel like it could be this guy.

    ReplyDelete