Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Burger King Baby says she's found birth mother - Hannah Selby 4th

A 27-year old woman, Katheryn Deprill, was abandoned in a Burger King bathroom when she was barely an infant. On the 24th, she met her birth mother for the first time in an attorney's office after carrying out a search that began on Facebook when she posted a picture of herself holding up a sign that said: "Looking for my birth mother...she abandoned me in the Burger King bathroom only hours old, Allentown, PA. Please help me find her by sharing my post."
Deprill said she was overjoyed to be able to meet her mother and said it was like "looking in a mirror."

Personally, I wonder how Deprill was able to so easily put aside what her mother did and be genuinely glad to see her. If it was me, it would take a lot of heart, time, effort, and prayer for me to be able to forgive and accept my mother despite what she did to me. I mean honestly, who leaves their own NEWBORN child in a Burger King bathroom and then just leaves and forgets about them forever?! At least send them to an adoption center! I mean, that's just child abuse!! But I do admire Deprill for being able to get over that and forgive her mom; it's a demonstration of the kind of person I'd like to be - someone who can forgive unconditionally.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/25/burger-king-baby-says-found-birth-mother-27-years-later-after-social-media/

3 comments:

  1. Tyra Harris, 5th period

    It's really admirable that Deprill was able to put aside her mother's horrific actions. Finding her mother through a Facebook campaign shows a positive aspect of social media. Hopefully they can remain in contact and learn about each other's past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd be able to just be glad that I've found my mother and not verbally assault her for what she did. That's just not okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your statement about how Deprill could just be that accepting after what happened. But at least she had a positive outlook, we definitely do not need anymore negativity in this world.

    ReplyDelete