Monday, March 31, 2014

New Cameras for Cars - Emily Gray 5th period

New rear view cameras are to be out in all new cars by 2018. The cameras fit a 10 by 20 foot camera angle. These new cameras will help reduce the death of many pedestrians being ran over by drivers who don't have this rear visibility.

This article was written by Eric Beech by Yahoo! News on March, 31, 2014. This new edition to cars is spectacular in my opinion. Whenever I drive I always have the fear of running over something when I'm pulling out of the driveway or a parking space. I will be pleased to see this new law reduce deaths of this incident. New technology like this makes us hopeful for new ways to make us safer than before.

Emily Gray - 5th

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/u-require-cars-rearview-cameras-2018-163238213--sector.html

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Although my review mirrors work pretty well, I'd love to see new creations benefiting mankind. Now, if only we could have more electric cars....But hey, one step at a time. Anyway, cool story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyra Harris, 5th period

    I'm sure the (few) cars with the rear cameras will be substantially more expensive than other cars. I don't think many people will be able to afford them, and therefore the number of fatal car accidents won't decrease. America needs to find other ways to encourage safer driving, i.e. stressing the importance of not driving while texting and not driving while under the influence. Adding technological advancements to cars won't ensure the safety of pedestrians against careless drivers.

    ReplyDelete