Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sam Schwall 1st period- How Texas Changed and Changed the Nation Since JFK


I selected the article, How Texas Changed, And Changed The Nation Since JFK, by Alan Greenblatt. This story looks at how Texas has transformed from it’s “cowboy, oilman” image to the home of three of our presidents and 52 Fortune 500 companies. Greenblatt looks at possible reasons for this economic growth and explores Texan culture. Greenblatt then analyzed the Texan image and how politicians use this.

            I agree that our state has changed and prior to reading this I had noticed the prominence of Texas politicians. I agree with the observations made and found it interesting as I live in the state. I believe that the state will continue in this direction for the same reasons stated in the article.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2013/11/17/245451439/how-texas-changed-and-changed-the-nation-in-years-since-jfk

No comments:

Post a Comment