Monday, November 25, 2013

Enormous rare sea creature hauled from depths by Florida shark fisherman

Summary: Mark, a local fisherman, has caught thousands of fish, but a few days go he caught a 800 pound sting ray off Miami beach. The sting ray, know by its scientific name Dasyatis centroura, in the deep parts of the ocean. Mark had actually thought they had caught "some kind of dinosaur".


Analysis: I think that this fish is really cool and for him to catch one where it is little known to the world is amazing. I think that this fish could be studied without people killing it and then release it to study its swimming patterns.





3 comments:

  1. I saw a picture of that a couple of days ago, insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I see news stories like this, I realize how much of the world we still have left to discover. I agree that they should attempt to study the animals without harming them.

    ReplyDelete