Sunday, November 17, 2013

Claire Zimmerman: SEM Student Run Over at Bryan Adams

I'm sure many of you have heard this story, but on Tuesday, a sophomore at the Science and Engineering Magnet at Townview, Jerry Nguyen, was run over by a green Volkswagen Beetle, who was driven by the person that dropped him off, when it dropped him off at the bus stop. The car took an illegal u-turn and hit him straight on, trapping him underneath. I'm not sure how long, but he was stuck underneath the car for quite a while. After he was released from under the car, he was rushed off to Baylor Hospital, where he died an hour later.

I did not know him, but I was at Bryan Adams around when it happened. I thankfully did not see the full incident, but from the bus I remember seeing blood on the ground and the outline of a body stuck underneath the car. This kid was only a sophomore, a year younger than I am. That incident has stuck with me, and I just wanted to do this current event about him. I hope for the best for the family of Jerry Nguyen, and hope that they can come to peace with what happened eventually. May he rest in peace.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2013/11/authorities-identify-townview-student-killed-by-car-that-dropped-him-off-at-school.html/

3 comments:

  1. Incidents like this make the fleeting nature of life so much more noticeable. Most days we just go through the day without stopping to appreciate simply being alive because it's normal for us. I hope Nguyen's family is receiving the support they need in this trying time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just insane. We're so young and we still think we're invincible but we're not...I hope that his family and friends can get through this okay

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sad that an accident like this could happen to someone so young. I hope his family is doing okay. This is also an excellent example of why people should pay attention to traffic signs and not make illegal turns.

    ReplyDelete