Monday, November 25, 2013

Learn how to fight off cancer Arlesia McGowan Period 4


Article by: Alice Park
Date: Friday November 22, 2013

People who skimp on sleep tend to have higher rates of heart disease, diabetes and possibly cancer.
         

  So cancer is a random topic, not as random as oreos and more interesting than the depressing events going on in our world right now. I think we have all heard of the fact that we can impact the risks of getting cancer ourselves, but  do we really now how? Anything can cause cancer, whether it is loss of sleep, not eating right, or not exercising like we are supposed to. In this article studies show that exercising 150 minutes a week can impact the risk of getting cancer and an overall dieting pattern is important for preventing cancer as consuming antioxidants. When it comes to eating right, it not only goes for what we eat, it is how much we consume. Obesity is a key culprit to all diseases and diabetes, making our body vulnerable to anything that's out there, even if we don't have it in our family history. Also, eating less of red meat and eating more fruits than veggies can also lower the risk. Stress can also trigger cancer cells. It is important to not have a jam packed day all the time and to take off for our benefit when we need to. Last, being exposed to no sleep can be the cause of cancer. It is good to get at least more than six hours. I challenge you!
            When I saw this article, I wasn't so surprised because I've seen a million of these already but have never really looked into it. I know in my family line we have diabetes and kidney failure and I am trying to prevent myself from having any problems by exercising and eating right, but sleep is something I have to work on unfortunately. I wish I could sleep more, but there is always so much to do in so little time, which is why I need to manage it better. What do you need to work on?

Peace,
Arlesia

Want more? Click on it! http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/22/health/fighting-off-cancer/index.html?hpt=he_t3



No comments:

Post a Comment