Monday, October 28, 2013

"Ride operator arrested after 5 hurt at North Carolina State Fair" by Hannah Kilpatrick

Summary:
Thursday night, several people were injured at the North Carolina State Fair. The riders were getting off the Vortex, when it suddenly restarted, turning upside down and dumping them from 20 feet in the air. By Saturday, three of those injured were still in the hospital and two have been released. The ride operator, Timothy Dwayne Tutterrow has been charged with three felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious bodily injury. “After inspection of the ride, we determined that it had been tampered with and critical safety devices were compromised,” Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison said. More arrests are possible and the investigation is ongoing.

Analysis:
How did a fun evening at the fair with family turn into this? Reading this article was both chilling and frightening. Why would anyone do something like that on purpose to people you don’t even know? I don’t see how that could be amusing, but there are definitely some messed up people in this world. I know sometimes I get scared when I ride roller coasters, but usually I assume that its going to be safe. It never crossed my mind that the ride operator could or would do something to purposely injure people. I hope that they find out what caused this malfunction on Thursday night and I hope whoever is responsible is brought to justice.

Here is the link to my article:

1 comment:

  1. The thing thats so scary about this is that it could happen to any one at any time.

    ReplyDelete