Monday, October 28, 2013

Francesca Bartos 10/28/2013 2nd

     The article "Painting a Room With Blues, or Hip-Hop or Mozart" is about a new app that makes suggestions on how to paint a room based on a certain song. The app will listen to a song, much like Shazam does, or use a song from the user's library and "translate" it into colors. The article says the app is marketed towards "millennials" (a term that that refers to people who are currently in their teens to late twenties) The app is a joint effort between companies Sherwin Williams paint and Dutch Boy apps. The idea is to connect something "millennials" to paint through music, because -the article says this anyway- millennials like music.
Also this generation is next up to be home owners.
     I am not sure this would work all that well. It is a cool idea but I have two things that would stop me from using this app. For one my music taste changes a lot so painting a room based on a song that I like right now would not be ideal because I may not like that song three months from now, but the room would still be painted like that. Secondly my brain naturally associates songs with colors anyway so at least for me it isnt really necessary.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/29/business/media/painting-a-room-with-blues-or-hip-hop-or-mozart.html?ref=technology

1 comment:

  1. I think this could be really cool, but on the other hand you would have to make sure it was a song you REALLY like.

    ReplyDelete