Friday, October 25, 2013

Elder Tsarnaev Tied To 2011 Triple Murder - Lizy Rutherford, 4th period

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one half of the alleged Boston Marathon bombers, has been recently connected to a triple homicide back from 2011. A document filed by federal prosecutors claim this connection based on information given by Ibragrim Todashev. Todashev, a friend of Tsarnaev, was questioned by the FBI and state police back in May of this year, and when he became violent during the question he was subsequently shot to death. Other unnamed sources have linked Tsarnaev to the Waltham Triple Murders before.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-boston-triple-homicide-20131023,0,3300971.story#axzz2il2HqqQt

I personally find Todashev's death disturbing. Whether or not Tsarnaev participated in the murders, the FBI didn't need to kill him. Didn't they need him for questioning? Wouldn't shooting him actually put them back a bit? Tsarnaev didn't have many friends, after all. To me, it shows a deeper side to Americans that has become ever more present since 9/11: a hysterical, paranoia that will do anything to protect it's country.
Also, I can't really decide if I think Tsarnaev was involved. I could see it, but there's not enough evidence to me. (The three bodies were slit and then covered in maurijuana, reportedly.) I could see it because all were bodybuilders/boxers, but there was no sign of struggle, and because Tsarnaev had a particular hate of maurijuana. Still, I need more evidence before officially taking a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment