Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"CeeLo Green accused of giving woman Ecstasy, but DA declines rape charge" by Hannah Kilpatrick

Summary:
CeeLo Green, a 38-year-old Atlanta singer has risen to worldwide fame and is a coach on the televised singing competition, “The Voice,” has been accused of giving the drug Ecstasy to a woman who has also accused him of sexually assaulting her last year. Green, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway has pleaded not guilty to both felony charges, and appeared in court Monday to be arraigned on the sole charge of furnishing a controlled substance. Prosecutors concluded that there was not enough evidence to face the sexual assault charges. The charge carries a potential sentence of up to four years in prison.

Analysis:
I must say that I watch “The Voice” whenever I get the chance and think it is a decent show, and CeeLo Green has always seemed like a decent person to me. It always saddens me to see these reports, especially from an artist that you admire. I can only hope that these are false accusations, however I doubt that they are. The charge of sexual molestation seems unlikely under the circumstances, however still a possibility. Obviously they have substantial evidence though to prove that he gave the woman Ecstasy, and if he did then I believe he should have to serve prison time for violating the law.

Here is the link to my article:

2 comments:

  1. A lot of the things that famous people are accused of is complete balogna made up by individuals who want the spotlight or the famous people themselves. As they say "all publicity is good publicity." However, as a fan of this particular artist I do hope that he would not intentionally give ecstacy or do anything else with the thought to harm someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hollywood is always looking for the next big scandal, I'll be interested to see how much water these claims actually hold. It does sadden me that they would be brought forth at all, but I think they need to examine the situation from all sides in order to get a clear view.

    ReplyDelete