Sunday, October 27, 2013

Madison Ceurter 5th period: Ride Operator arrested after 5 hurt at North Carolina State Fair

The North Carolina State Fair has a ride called the "Vortex", and on Saturday 5 people came off the ride injured.  A 46 year old man named Timothy Dwayne Tutterrow was accused of tampering with the ride and faces counts of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious bodily injuries.  The people that were hurt were from the ages of 14 to 39 and were put into the hospital.  He was an independent ride contractor and they only had one ride at the state fair and it was the "Vortex."  I don't understand why he would vandalize his own and only ride at the state fair because this situation is not going to let him have more rides at the state fair.  This is so crazy to me that someone would purposely ruin their ride to hurt someone.  People come to the state fair to have fun and enjoy all the fried food and rides, I can't imagine going to the state fair and going on a ride and then be in the hospital in the next few minutes. 

 http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/26/us/north-carolina-state-fair-incident/index.html?hpt=us_c1

3 comments:

  1. Im not sure I really understand this story. Why would he intentionally hurt people, its not going to benefit him. Its just crazy and stupid that he would do such a thing. There are some crazy crazy people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure I quite understand this article either. I would like to know how the authorities came to the conclusion that he purposely vandalized the ride. I am also curious to know what exactly happened on the ride that hurt the people riding it. These types of situations are so strange and make no sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rides malfunctioning have always been such a huge fear of mine. I love going to the state fair and six flags, and I love rides, but it's situations like these that make me weary about riding them. Whether the ride operator is guilty or not, this is still an extremely sad situation, and the people injured were all probably with their close friends and family hoping to spend good quality time with them.

    ReplyDelete