Monday, April 28, 2014

Why Did the N.B.A. Long Tolerate Sterling? - Victor Ragsdale 4th Period

Donald Sterling is A Racist, But That's Not News for the N.B.A. - Victor Ragsdale 4th Period


   Donald Sterling, owner of the L.A. Clippers, was recently recorded instructing his girlfriend, V. Stiviano, to NOT associate with black people or bring them to the game. He has received a bunch of backlash and the players association wants him banned from attending future playoff games of the season, but the problem is that his bigotry has been known for too long by the organization.

   I don't understand how people could give him their money knowing that he is so racist. I don't understand how the players signed their contracts knowing that they would playing under a racist-headed organization. I couldn't do it. It really angers me when people so ignorant (particularly racists).

  BTW just in case I didn't make it clear: I LOATHE RACISTS!!

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/29/opinion/why-did-the-nba-long-tolerate-sterling.html?hp&rref=opinion&_r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment