Saturday, April 19, 2014

Take a gander by Imani Williams 5p

I was scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed and kept seeing this same story of a north Texas high school doing all these great things, so finally after the 11 time it appeared on my wall I clicked it. This story is about an incredible arts school reportedly beating Powerball odds and releasing a total of five graduating seniors to be the new freshmen class of The Julliard School of the arts, the most prestigious school for the arts in the world with only a 7% acceptance rate.
In case you were rummaging through the 1930 news papers for the past few weeks, you should know that indeed this is our own school. Because we attend school here daily, it may not seem like that big of a whoop, but to the world, we are. Art has been a revolutionary practice since its beginning. It is how people first communicated, it serves as medication to the mentally ill, and it gives teens like ourselves hope for a life worth living.
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/inside-a-school-where-dreams-are-becoming-reality/

1 comment:

  1. This is great...its even posted at my dance studio lol...And I was so proud...like hey..I go there...We shouldn't take for granted that we go to a great school like ours...We should live every day to its fullest and take every opportunity we have here..

    ReplyDelete