Monday, April 28, 2014

This is you on stress Arlesia McGowan Period 4


Is your head spinning from worry? It is possible to re-train your anxious brain, a psychiatrist says.

Article written: Dr. Gail Saltz
Date written: Wednesday, April 23, 2014

         So that time of year has come where homework is starting to reign supreme. AP tests are under way and  exams are drifting in the air. Final performances are taking place...and I think any of us couldn't say anything better than the fact that all of us are pretty much "checked out" for this year. We all experience anxiety; its the mental part of fear and when you can't stop obsessing anxiety turns into a problem. Anxiety is future oriented which is why we tend to worry so much. Studies also show that women's brains are more wired to worry than men's. Life will never be worry free BUT you can learn to wrangle your fears.
       We can all infer that I had to be under some type of stress to even notice this. I guess I could relate. It is a very stressful time of year for me and probably the most stressful, but I have learned how to deal with it different ways and so far, I'm staying sane. That is all I have to say. I'm out. How has stress affected you and how have you dealt with it?

Arlesia McGowan
Period 4

Here ya go:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/23/health/stress-anxiety-effect/index.html?hpt=he_t4

2 comments: