Monday, September 25, 2017

Earthquake in Mexico City - Theresa Dvorocsik

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2017/09/23/earthquake-shakes-oaxaca-mexico-chinchar-nr.cnn

I got a text from dad in the middle of the day that read, all ok in Mexico City, and I was very confused. So, I went to twitter and looked to see if anything was trending and I didn’t see anything so I texted him back what wrong and he explained he had just been in an extreme earthquake. Luckily, he was in a brand-new suburb where buildings are strong.
This was crazy to me that my own father was in this earthquake. I read about stuff like this in the news but never thought this could affect somebody so close to me.

Relief efforts have not stopped since the quake struck with volunteer rescue teams, known as 'moles', crawling under the rubble to locate and rescue those trapped by falling debris.More than 50 survivors have been plucked from disaster sites in Mexico City, leading to impassioned choruses of "Yes we can!" from first responders, volunteers and spectators gathered around the ruins.

2 comments:

  1. It's so scary considering all the hurricanes that have been ravishing the us this year. I wonder if we're reaching the height of these natural disasters, or if things will continue to escalate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of positivity and healing for those affected )): loved ones of mine are shaken up by it.

    ReplyDelete