Monday, December 10, 2018

Daviah Harrison-Record number of cases of polio-like illness AFM in US this year

This article is by Debra Goldschmidt and was updated last on Monday December 10,2018. It talks about the acute flaccid myelitis illness that is polio-like and how the illness has peaked every other year in the fall. There has been a decline in the number of patients under investigation and it is expected to continue but unfortunately no one knows what causes this to happen, especially in  children.

This is such a sad situation and I believe this was posted to update people about the illness. This relates to polio, which was a very rare illness and is similar the the illness that is going around now. I hope that the people that this illness has affected will get better and I hope that a cause and a cure is found.


https://us.cnn.com/2018/12/10/health/acute-flaccid-myelitis-2018-record-year-bn/index.html

4 comments:

  1. I hope that people stay safe from this and that it can be fully treatable . -Alma Alvarado-Cabrera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that everyone is able to stay safe around the holidays so instead of being sick they can enjoy time with their holidays!

      Delete
  2. Wow, it's scary to hear that something like this seemed to just pop out of nowhere. I hope that it can be contained and stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm telling y'all, the government is making up diseases to lower the population, I hope we make it through and get control over this situation. -kloe rhoden

    ReplyDelete