Monday, August 31, 2015

Reagan Rees Blog Post August 31

On the VMA's last night, which I did not get a chance to watch because I was doing outlines, Kanye West announced that he would be running for president. Because I did not see this live I read it from this article http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/31/politics/kanye-west-2020-running-for-president-vma/
In the past Kanye has attended fundraiser's for Democratic canidate Hilary Clinton, supporting her ideas. The democratic party tweeted welcoming Kanye into the 2020 race. This will be a good, new, interesting view on the candidacy for 2020 if Kanye goes through with his claim. It would encourage more young people to vote, the people who hold the future of our nation. Kanye is relating award shows to politics, instead of making them separate world's, in which they have often been. This is a dawning of a new age of ideas and leaders.

3 comments:

  1. As much as I agree with you on the assumption that if Kanye does run he will grasp the younger vote I don't feel as if he's fit for the position. When people vote they want to know you're past and recently over the years he hasn't produced adequate behavior to proved that he is matured enough for the position. I all honesty I feel as if this is another publicity stunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Haley Colbert. Even though Kanye West has a high fan base and is very popular in the music world doesn't mean he fits the role of leading a country. He may seem wise in some of his lyrics but not in all of his actions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHELBY FLOWERS
    I wonder if he was serious about running for president? If so would he really be a good person running office. Think about it! He is a very self-centered person, so would the US revolve around him? He also doesn't seem like the brightest crayon in the box, so it would be difficult for him to perform tasks that other can because they have been in the political field for a long time.

    ReplyDelete