Monday, September 24, 2018

Rainfall Makes History in Dallas - Sloan Daley

The massive rainfall that happened this weekend made history as the most rainfall in September since 1932. In only two days, 8 inches of rain had already done damage to Dallas. However, by Friday night there had been a record breaking 11.03 inches of rain. The floods had trapped families on their roofs while they’re homes flood beneath them. The record doubled from Friday, and on Saturday in San Antonio there was 16.32 inches of rain. This is devastating families and taking all that they have.

My Source

This is similar to the journey of the Trial of Tears in the 17th century. Thankfully these minor floods are not as extreme as the Trial of Tears. However, both the people now and then can empathize with the feeling of everything you have being wiped out and taken away. The emptiness most of our can’t imagine is the reality for some of these people.

4 comments:

  1. I agree that the rainfall has caused so many fatalities and injuries and many people have lost everything that they own. It seems like we continue to break these weather records and these are not records that we want to break. I also agree that we should all have empathy for the victims and help out in any way that we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that we should help people in any way we can, these weather issues are starting to become more of a problem and I feel like we all need to start to be more prepared for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have thought to relate that article to the trail of tears. I actually said "wow" because I was so not expecting it, but I'm glad you said it. It helped me realize how much those families are really losing and how poorly our country is prepared to go through things like this.

    ReplyDelete