Monday, March 19, 2018

Zoe Nguyen- Pulse shooter's wife to FBI: 'I wish I had been more truthful'

Pulse shooter's wife to FBI: 'I wish I had been more truthful'
As sad as it is, shootings occur more often than not. We have had many devastating events in the past year and so, and the Orlando shooting was one of them. In recent interviews, however, the truth has been revealed. The wife of the man who killed dozens of people at an Orlando nightclub in 2016 told FBI investigators she knew beforehand that he was going to do something violent. "I wish I had done the right thing but my fear held me back. I wish I had been more truthful," Noor Salman, wife of Pulse nightclub shooter Omar Mateen, wrote in a statement to the FBI. That statement, and two others taken in the wake of the Pulse massacre, were shown to the court on Monday as part of Salman's trial in Florida. Salman, who is 31, is charged with providing material support to a foreign terrorist organization and obstruction of justice for allegedly misleading law enforcement agents in their investigation of the massacre. "Omar Mateen is a monster. Noor Salman is a mother, not a monster. Her only sin is she married a monster," Moreno told jurors. Salman is not expected to testify in the case, family spokeswoman Susan Clary said. If convicted of the terrorism charge, she could face life in prison.

I believe this is a complicated story, and it relates to US history in many ways. One being the 2nd amendment that states, “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” Many people today use the amendment as an arguement as justification for gun rights although this amendment was written over 200 years ago when our weapons weren’t as advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment