Tuesday, March 20, 2018

London Hibbs- NEW, SAFE, MALE BIRTH CONTROL

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/new-male-birth-control-pill-safe-does-it-work-n858076

A new male contraceptive has been declared safe. The only known side affect is slight weight gain and the pill is taken only once daily as opposed to a former method that required consumption twice a day. “Our last great advance in male contraception was 300 years ago with the development of the condom,” The developer, Stephanie Page, said in an interview. The question is now of the pill's effectiveness. Dimethandrolone undecanoate (DMAU) was tested on 100 male volunteers, and 82 of them producing promising results. 
The National Institute of Health is funding the development of the drug. The pill must be taken with food in order to work and works by blocking testosterone production. 60-80% of men surveyed said they would be interested in taking an oral method of birth control. 

6 comments:

  1. Finally something that men can try out so they can realize how complicated women's lives are. I think this is a great new method however it defeats the purpose of reproduction. This has positive and negative vibes for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I think of sexual acts as sort of reserved and meant to do with a specific person you love, but to a lot of people my sentiment is not shared. I’m glad this is an option but personally it’s not one I see use for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean with someone you love after marriage? I agree that sex is something sacred between you and someone you love. Personally, I think sex is cool after marriage, but I still think both men and women should be on birth control always (just in case)

      Delete
  3. Olivia Wall- Wow, that is interesting since all it has been before is just for women, It will be interesting to see what actually results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. huh, I'm interested to how this works, I'm also curious about the makers of this male contraceptives and their opinions on current contraceptives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I am curious to how this woks, I find this quite interesting as this has never been done before, so no one knows the outcome of this.

    ReplyDelete