Saturday, February 24, 2018

Peyton Gatewood- Demitrius Hollins in police beating video says he feared for his life



the thingy
“He start[ed] shoving me in my car and telling me that I was never going to have a video, that I was never going to make the phone call to my mom," he told NBC News in an exclusive interview. “When I had my hands up, that's when he punched me in the face."
As Hollins lay handcuffed on the ground, "another cop came out of nowhere and stomped me in the face.”
The Gwinnett County Police Department said in a statement that the incident occurred Wednesday and that videos confirmed “the force used was unnecessary and excessive.”
“However, we also believe that our decisive action in terminating both officers speaks volumes about what is expected of each officer that wears a Gwinnett County Police badge.”
Police chief Butch Ayers later said there was "literally no excuse for behavior like this."
Hollins’ lawyer, Justin Miller, said the incident would likely have been gone unreported if it had not been caught on video.
“The fact that these guys felt so brazen as to ... assault him in public in broad daylight in front of hundreds of onlookers and hundreds of cars is indicative of what they think is OK.”
Without the videos “they would have painted him as the bad guy, arrested him, brushed it under the rug and probably did it to them again the next time they saw him.”
My hot take: Okay, firstly, please watch the video I've attached. There is no way you can imagine the happening in all of it's brutality. Just watch.
Secondly,
What!What!WHAT! The audacity is astounding. Hollins is literally telling the person who is paid to protect him that he is recording for his safety- and he get's punched in the face. Then beaten... and then his face is stomped on. For no reason. He is in full compliance the whole time. 
But yay! The cops were fired for like the first time ever! You go, Gwinnett County Police Department!

2 comments:

  1. Recording is actually a good method to avoid false claims against yourself by hostile authorities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good idea in theory but most officers won't allow it.

    ReplyDelete