Monday, March 21, 2016

Kesha's Trial by Shelby Linker, 8th period

As most of us know, Kesha is in a large lawsuit  against Dr. Luke on the premise that he sexually and verbally abused her. She is currently trying to get out of her contract with Dr. Luke and Sony, hoping to begin to start making more music away from both of  them. The judge's decision so far, has been to not allow Kesha out of her contracts.

This situation reminds me a bit of early feminism when women had little say but when they finally spoke up, they weren't taken seriously. I was reading some of the comments on the article and I was really annoyed to hear many people saying how she had no proof to back up her allegations and that this outcome was to be expected. Lets clarify this, there aren't very many ways to prove to a judge and/or jury that someone verbally or physically hurt you in the past, in situations like these, you only someone's words against someone else's. But I understand how that can make cases such as these very complicated. Although I would like to give Kesha the benefit of the doubt, I can understand why the judge isn't able to do so as freely as we are. I hope the truth comes out and justice is enforced.

Sources 

1 comment:

  1. Olivia Browne Period 6
    I hope Kesha gets the justice she deserves.

    ReplyDelete