Monday, January 28, 2019

Study shows screentime ties to poorer age development among toddlers!


CNN put out this article at 11 am on Monday January 28th.  According to a new study, it has been proven that toddlers who spend a lot of time staring at a screen, have poor development. This affects the toddlers growth in communication, motor skills, problem solving skills, and social skills. These studies show that toddlers should be limited to only 1 hour of screentime per day. The article also comments how the average child spends 5-7 hours on the screen each day which is extremely scary. I think that this article is extremely scary, but something that parents should read in order to protect their children. Technology can be very dangerous and detrimental to a person’s health. I think this article is trying to reach out to parents and warn them about the consequences of technology on their child’s health. From reading this article if I were a parent, I’d limit my child’s screen time for sure.

3 comments:

  1. I’m glad there are articles taking attention to the effects of screen time and how severe it really is. We all need to cut down our screen time some for sure. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree they need to cut down the screen time because this generation we literally run off of technology and that is not good for our learning development as kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, nowadays screen time for many is just too long, which could affect children later in life. ~ Stephannie Hernandez

    ReplyDelete