Tuesday, January 29, 2019

A Florida man found a grenade while fishing and then took the explosive to Taco Bell - Joziah German


On Saturday, a Florida man discovered an explosive while magnet fishing. The fisherman pulled up a World War ll hand grenade, while using the magnet to search the water for collectible items. This happened, according to police in Ocala, Florida, about 80 miles northwest of Orlando. The fisherman, then decided to throw the grenade in his truck and take it to Taco Bell where he called the police. The Taco Bell was evacuated, police said, but was reopened later that day. A bomb squad had to come in and remove the device, and they did so without incident. 


This article published by Amir Vera and Shawn Nottingham was published just a couple days after police released what the bomb really was. I had no prior knowledge to this, but I thought it was really interesting, and I normally do only intense articles, so thought I should try something new. This story reminds me of a story my dance friend from Canada told me about a bomb close to his house. A bombing occurred at the Hurontario and Eglinton Bombay Bhel restaurant in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. The reason I connected these two is because they both were restaurants who had bombs brought into it for some unknown reasons. Just goes to show how much help some people need who live in our country, they walked into a busy restaurant, with innocent people, holding a bomb that wasn’t theirs. The audience is honestly for anyone who stubbles upon this article like I did, and were interested, or those that were seeing this article to try to get information from that day to know if it was a bomb. The purpose of this article, in my opinion, was to show Americans how a man walked into a family fast food chain, holding a bomb, and then called police. What was he actually thinking in that case. Just makes me wonder if humans would end up taking ourselves off the planet. This article is also significant and important to us, the reader, for that man could have been anywhere else in the US, and walked in with a bomb while we were eating our food. 

1 comment:

  1. This scares me, particularly what you said at the end about how this could happen anywhere. There was no way anyone in the Taco Bell could’ve known if he had ill-intentions with the bomb once he entered. Gives me chills oof
    -Ryan Mecca

    ReplyDelete