Monday, January 21, 2019

Child falls off moving vehicle~ Stephannie Hernandez

Stephannie Hernandez
8th silver

Summary~
 A Minnesota mom faces charges after her daughter, strapped in safety seat, falls out of the moving vehicle. The video captures the drivers side door swing open and a child,still strapped in her car seat, tumbles out into the street. The mother faces child endangerment and other charges.

Analysis~
Time and date~ captured in Mankato,Minnesota

Prior knowledge~
I did have not hear about this but it was shocking news to read. Why is the mother facing charges?, what if it was a accident and did not know the safety seat was not on correctly? I know it is really important to make sure a child’s steat is correct but what if this was a huge accident. I hope the child is ok and didn’t suffer any injury.

Source~
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/20/us/minnesota-car-seat-mother-charged/index.html

8 comments:

  1. This is awful! I hope the child is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the child is okay, but I agree, it seems like an accident to me. She shouldn't be facing charges. Only thing she should be facing is hospital bills I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine the trauma that the child is going through. I hope that the child that fell out is ok, and I think that this was most likely a careless accident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so crazyyy!! I really hope the child is ok and I’m glad you considered the moms perspective

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is unbelievable and crazy. I hope the child is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is unfortunate, but I do question the responsibility of a mother that is capable of accidentally leaving a door unlocked AND and a car seat not strapped in right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Zoe but I also think it is so sad that this happened. The mother holds a lot of the responsible no matter how cautious she was. I definitely hope the child will be ok though, and they recovery quickly. - Joziah German

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was awful reading. There are a lot of different ways to look at this situation. I do believe that no mother or person in their right mind would want to cause harm to their own child. But it does bring some good questions as to why they aren't any safety being taken! that chair should have been strapped in properly! But at the end of the day I just hope that the baby is ok and that this whole situation gets solved!

    ReplyDelete