Sunday, September 27, 2015

Carlos Joglar- Pope Francis Goes to Prison

Source: https://popevisit2015.yahoo.com/post/130019147159/pope-francis-goes-to-prison-all-of-us-need-to-be

An article on yahoo.com accounts events that took place when Pope Francis, on his historic United States tour, visited prison inmates to give them blessings.

I have never heard of a pope act so humbly in all my life. I have so much respect for this man. I feel him bringing change into the world, a change we desperately need. This man is the epitome of Christianity. He exemplifies what it truly means to be a devout Christian and yet keeps room in his heart for those who do not share his faith or ideals. Popes in the past have, sadly, been mostly vain, in my opinion. They grew used to the lifestyle full of dinners with world rulers and gold inlaid chairs, and Pope Francis doesn't need any of that. As I recall, he denied a Capitol Hill dinner to spend an evening with the homeless. He gave up a gaudy chair for one made of simple wood. I'm very glad Pope Francis' time has come and, with all the chaos as of late, he could not have come to the U.S. sooner.

5 comments:

  1. Pope Francis really is awesome and every time he does something I'm convinced more of just that. I'm not going to lie, when I read this blog title I thought something very different happened. Glad that wasn't the story.
    -Isabella Montague 5th period

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a practicing catholic, but I think it's super interesting that now in the 21st century the Catholic Faith has such a dynamic and revolutionary leader to look up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Amaya! The Pope is so amazingly humble and has such a genuine heart. this trip to America has definitely proved that. I commend Pope Francis for being such a generous man. I can only hope others will catch on to his ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to have the Pope in the U.S! His goodness and grace towards every human being is something we especially need to follow up, what with all that's going on in our political/social/economic issues.

    ReplyDelete