Monday, January 19, 2015

Fugitive Teens Caught- Hannah Clifford 5th Period

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/18/justice/kentucky-teens-arrested/index.html

A couple of teens were arrested in Florida on Sunday. They had been on the run for about two weeks after they left Kentucky. Along they way, they stole multiple cars and guns. A policeman said he found them asleep in a Toyota and surrounded them. They were arrested without further incidents.

This was written by Faith Karimi and Joe Sutton for CNN. When reading this article, I was amazed by how far this young couple got and I asked myself, "why would they initiate this in the first place?" But sometimes, people don't have any particular reason for doing anything. The article gave no explanation as to why this couple stole guns and cars and made a ran for it, but I would like to see some further media exploration to find this logic. After all, freedom of press has been used in situations like this since 1971. It is also interesting that after two weeks, these teens allowed themselves to be caught off guard. By that point, I would expect them to be more prepared.

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested as to why they ran. I think the story will make much more sense when they revel that information. These teenagers obviously knew what they were doing to make it as far as they did.

    ReplyDelete