Monday, January 19, 2015

Another Shooting By: Zaria Chambers 6th period

A police chief officer was shot four times In Oklahoma on Thursday. Louis Ross was shot while entering a house that was reported to have phone calls about bomb threats. The suspect that shot the police officer was not arrested. Police say that the man said he had no idea that it was a police officer that entered the house. Many people agree that the suspect didn't do anything wrong.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I think that the man should've been arrested. How do you not know that a police officer is in your house. When police go and search a home they make it clear to let you know they are police officers so the excuse of not knowing they were police officers seems like a lie to me. Again this goes back to gun laws and making sure that people are using guns safely. 


Source: http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/17/us/oklahoma-police-chief/index.html

2 comments:

  1. I think he should've been arrested because he took away a life. Especially a police officer. However, the person has been calling about bomb threats, so I understand their fear, but maybe the police officer should have been more clear about entering the home and saying they were a police officer and not someone dangerous. So I don't know where I stand on this, but I'll leave that to the judge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I think it matters not what he thought he heard or saw. Regardless, he killed someone so he should have been arrested for manslaughter whether intentional or not. How many times are we going to let murder off the hook as if nothing happened?

    ReplyDelete