Monday, September 29, 2014

15 people shot at Miami Nightclub- Jack O'Connor Period 6

Early Sunday morning on September 28, fifteen people were shot and wounded at a Miami nightclub.  The victims ranged from 11-25 years old. Police are having trouble explaining why so many underage children were inside the Miami nightclub after the legal curfew of midnight for people that age. Everything is still a mess regarding the case, and police have no idea how many shooters there were, and no motives have been identified either. Witnesses claim to have heard over 100 gunshots around 1:00 am.

It is extremely saddening to hear of children as young as 11 being shot at a nightclub. It only makes me wonder what security even means these days. Personally, if something like this happened in Dallas, it would make me more than uncomfortable to go out in crowded places such as concerts and festivals without feeling threatened and at risk. As an avid attendee of concerts and other such events, I hope that we take the news of this occurrence in Miami to strengthen our security measures here and make sure nothing like that ever happens again.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/28/us/miami-florida-teen-nightclub-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

3 comments:

  1. I can't even wrap my mind around that, when I was eleven I barely went to the mall by myself. This is so tragic

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is insane for many different reasons. I can't believe an eleven year old was a victim of this tragic incident, so crazy that this happened. This definitely makes me want to be more cautious during concerts and other functions like this.

    ReplyDelete