Monday, November 21, 2016

Hannah Howell- Kanye West Tour Cancelled

Summary:
Just today Kanye West announced that he is cancelled the rest of his Saint Pablo tour.  People are assuming this is partially due to all the backlash he's received after recently saying he supported Trump.  He claimed "I didn't vote this election, but if I did, i would have voted for Trump" at his Los Angles concert. This shocked many and wreaked havoc among his fans.  On Saturday he ended his concert short after ranting about Hillary Clinton. He hasn't done a show since and apparently isn't planning on it anytime soon.

Analysis:
It really shocked me what he said. If Kanye is going to say he supports Trump then the reactions he is getting isn't surprising. I don't think hate is the answer to hate but unsupporting someone who is for something you don't believe in is completely acceptable. I think that it was a bad decision on his part thought to cancel his tour.


http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/21/entertainment/kanye-west-rant-tour-canceled/index.html

3 comments:

  1. The affect that people have on others is quite evident in things like this. An entire tour cancelled...stemming from one measly comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this may have been part of the reason, but I read that he canceled the tour due to a mental breakdown. His comments about Trump and Clinton seem rather unnecessary to me because if the election is already over why would he stop his concert to go on a rant about something that he had to have known would cost him fans and respect from people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt Kanye is still going to run for candidate in 2020. I wonder if he does if he'll run as a democrat or Republican if he ends up running.

    ReplyDelete