Sunday, November 29, 2015

Baby Found Under Asphalt- Tea Devereaux

Today, in California, a newborn baby (36-48 hours old) was found under the asphalt in a Californian walkway. A woman found the baby while walking along the pathway after hearing cries of what sounded like a cat. After police got to the location they immediately treated her before sending her to paramedics. They say that if the baby had been there all night it wouldn't have survived. If the parents are found, they will be charged for murder.

BABY UNDER ASPHALT?!
analysis: This is so ridiculous to hear. A young child should never be put under conditions like that until they have the strength to make it out, and even then it doesn't make it ok. California also has a "Baby Safe Surrender Program" which allows parents to drop off babies that they can't take care right into the police's hands. This meas that this parent or parents had no excuse to just bury the baby under asphalt, in my opinion this is just selfish and cowardly and I hope they find the parents and immediately find a safer home for the baby.

7 comments:

  1. This news is crazy!! I can't believe that someone would do that to a baby but I'm so thankful that the baby was found and is being treated! -Nicole Chatham 6th period

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is appalling and truly so saddening. Who would have so much hate towards someone so small and innocent, they haven't even begun to live their lives. I'm very glad that the baby was found and hope the parents are found and punished accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sad. I'm glad that someone found the baby. - Kayleigh Smerud

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the saddest thing! I hope they find who did that!! Very glad and thankful to hear that the baby was found and is being cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that somebody found this poor baby. I cannot believe that any one would just leave the baby to die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sad to hear. Child abuse and neglect is one of the most heartbreaking things to hear about.

    Zoe Roberts, 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why they immediately thought that the parents did this. From what I have read there is no evidence that the parents did this. I don't know who else would want to do this, but I think that it is weird that they assumed that it was the parents.

    ReplyDelete