Monday, February 24, 2014

Natalie Westling is painting fashion red/ Arlesia McGowan Period 4



Article written by : Sarah LeTrent                     
Date Written: Feburary 17, 2014

                             So needless to say I'm a little excited about writing this post because I think is  probably the most interesting "Current Event" I've had to encounter. Who doesn't like the fashion industry? There is always something new and interesting going on and I have to praise the models who strut their confidence to the core. In this article, 17 year old Natalie Westling is being noticed for her bright red orange hair. Tomboy, from Arizona, this young lady has been working in the industry for a while, "Its like my teenage years were when I was ten", she tells reporters. All was going pretty normal for her until she decided to dye her hair bright carrot red ( in contrast to her dirty blonde hair) and is now being called fashions new "it girl" model and one to watch. Westling is walking in London's fashion week for Marc Jacobs Spring ad campaign 2014. Although is one to be quite shy she claims that this has given her a lot of confidence. You go girl!
                            I thought this was interesting not just because of the fashion industry, but because of her hair. It is really interesting to me to me that just because she dyed her hair, she was immediately noticed, what is her hair was still dyed blonde or black? That obviously wouldn't be the case. I guess this probably goes to show how fast the fashion industry can move and how indecisive designers can be. In about a month, something might change. Who knows; good luck to her!


Arlesia McGowan

Want more?
 http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/17/living/natalie-westling-redhead-model-fashion-week/index.html?hpt=li_t5
                           

3 comments:

  1. Cool! She is awesome for stepping out of the blandness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ I agree this is really cool. -NIa Edwards 4th period

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so interesting that one small change in her appearance can affect the way she is viewed! Good for her for being unique and I hope her bravery gets her somewhere even further.

    ReplyDelete